top of page

South Perth Marriage Registry Office

Registry Style Wedding Ceremonies by a Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant

If you're looking for a simple, no fuss, just sign the registry type Ceremony, than look no further.

Come to the South Perth Marriage Office and sign the marriage register for only 


Marriage Requirements in Australia:

  1. You must be over the age of 18 years old.
  2. You are of sound mind and getting married of your own free will.
  3. You are not already legally married (to each other or anybody else).
  4. You are not in an inhibited relationship (you are not closely related to each other).
  • You don't have to be an Australian resident or citizen to get married in Australia!
  • You do need to give one calendar month's notice to get married. (See below.)
  • You are required to have 2 witnesses.

What you need to do to lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM):

  1. Download and fill in the NOIM here
  2. Get in touch to make an appointment at the South Perth Marriage Office for a Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant to witness and lodge your NOIM.
  3. If you are not in Perth, you need to have your NOIM witnessed and signed by a Doctor (GP), Lawyer, Justice of the Peace or Police Officer.  Then send your NOIM to South Perth Marriage Office.
  4. Your NOIM can be lodged by only one party signing the form to give the required notice, however, the other party must sign the NOIM before the wedding can take place.

Get in touch today by phone or email for any further information.

bottom of page